Katakan is a Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Melitele, Great Mother, protect us from evil, from unclean devils and foul demons, and most of all from the clutches of katakans and nekurats...
— fragment of a prayer
Katakans and their more dangerous kin, nekurats, are the embodiments of human fear. They hide in the shadows. They feed on blood. They resemble enormous bats —though with long fangs and even longer talons. And, as if that weren't terror enough, they can turn invisible, waiting unseen while dread of their unpreventable attack overwhelms their victim.
When fighting a katakan one must pay particular attention to its shadow - often the only way to know its location.
Katakans are invulnerable to steel, regenerate quickly, hear acutely and move at incredible speed. To even the odds one can temporarily immobilize katakans using the Yrden Sign, then seize that moment to attack with all one's might - for there might not be another chance.
Unfortunately, the legends are wrong and the sun's rays do not turn katakans to ash. They are vulnerable to sunlight, however, an when the sun stands at its zenith their regeneration is considerably slowed."
- Found in: Novigrad Sewers
- Drops: Vampire Fang, Vampire Saliva, Katakan Mutagen
- Associated Quests: Now or Never
- Weaknesses: Yrden, Igni, Moon Dust, Devil's Puffball, Vampire Oil
- Unlike the Ekimmara, a Katakan is not unusually vulnerable to Igni.
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.
- Using Quen and Igni are the best option to destroy this opponent. This beast attacks fast so quick attacks are recommended and quickly using Quen after your shield has been broken. Doing this over and over again will eventually bring the beasts health down and kill him.