On what platforms can I play The Witcher III?
- PC (Windows only, at present), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Can my PC run The Witcher III? What are the system requirements?
- Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
HDD Space 40 GB
- Recommended System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
HDD Space 40 GB
Can I use a console controller on PC? Can I remap Keys?
- Yes, the Sony Dualshock 4 controller, and the X-box controller are both supported on PC.
- Yes, you can use mouse and keyboard, and map the keys you would like to use.
What fps can we expect the game have on the three platforms?
- The game runs in 1080p/30fps on PlayStation 4 and 900p/30fps on Xbox One. On PC, it is expected that, at the recommended system requirements, or better, a GeForce GTX 980, or near equivalent GPU, will be required for 60 fps.
Do I need to play the previous games before starting Wild Hunt?
- No, The Witcher III is a new, stand-alone RPG, meant to be enjoyed by both new and returning players alike. If you wish to play the previous titles, they may give you a deeper, and richer perspective on the world of The Witcher, but it is not necessary in order to play.
What languages are supported in the game?
. . . on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation®4. . .The game will be available in the following languages: English, Polish, German, French, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese (full voiceover); Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Hungarian, Latin America Spanish, Korean (subtitles).
How long is the game?
- There are approximately 50 hours of main story gameplay, with an additional 50+ hours of side quests. For players who wish to explore and pursue everything, there can be over 200 hours; however, this depends very much on your playing style, and quests choices. An estimated average of 75 - 150 hours can be expected.
- The Witcher III is a vast, multi-region game, comprising of two larger areas, and several smaller ones, which combine to create over 3-times the size of Skyrim's single-region open-world. But apart from size,there are also other very important differences. The Witcher series is inspired by the novels of Andrzej Sapkowski, and thus the game is driven by its story, rather than pure, freestyle adventures. In The Witcher, you do not have the same control to customise your character's appearance, gender, or race, as in The Elder Scrolls. You'll play as Geralt of Riva, the Monster Hunter, a man with his own complex personality, histories, and relationships. While you will be able to customise your skills, gear, and even your hair and beard, you must don the mantle of the protagonist Geralt for most of the game. But what kind of man Geralt will be is up to you. . . .
What are the 16 Free DLCs? How do I get them?
The FREE DLC program for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt consists of 16 entirely free DLCs, that will be available for every gamer owning a copy of Wild Hunt, for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PC, and PlayStation®4, and is applicable to all versions (digital or physical, standard or Collector’s).
On May 20th we will release the first bundle of DLCs (2 of the planned 16) -- the Temerian Armor Set (horse armor included) and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt, the game’s protagonist. After this date, a DLC bundle consisting of twoDLCs will be published every week, entirely for free. Gamers are entitled to the free DLC regardless of obtaining the game via pre-order or after launch. Instructions on how to obtain DLCs on specific platforms will be provided at a later date.
For additional details about the 16 FREE DLC program, please refer to the below QA
Q: What do I have to do to receive the 16 free DLCs?
A: The only thing you need to do to receive the 16 DLCs is purchase The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. All of the DLCs will be available for free on every platform (i.e. Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4).
Q: Do I have to pre-order to get the free DLCs?
A: No, each piece of content will be available for download regardless of you buying the game before or after launch on May 19th, 2015.
Q: I have the standard version of the game (i.e. not the Collector’s Edition). Do I still get the free DLCs?
A: Yes. You get the 16 DLCs regardless of the version of the game you bought (i.e. standard or Collector's, digital or physical).
Q: What’s the plan? When can I expect the DLCs to be released?
A: The plan is to release a new DLC bundle (each bundle contains two DLCs) on a weekly basis, following the game’s launch May 19th, 2015. The first DLC bundle will be released the next day on May 20th. The next bundle will be available for download a week after that, on May 27th, the next on June 3rd, and so on. The first bundle will contain the Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game’s main characters -- Yennefer of Vengerberg.
What about the Expansions, are they part of the DLCs?
- No, the two expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, are independent of the 16 free DLCs. Purchase of The Witcher III will not grant you access to the Expansions. They must be purchased separately.
Hearts of Stone will premiere in October, while Blood and Wine is slated for release in the first quarter of 2016. Both expansions will be available on all three platforms: Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4.
For more information on obtaining the expansions, please visit **buy.thewitcher.com**.
Does the retail version of the game use Steam or GOG Galaxy for installation?
- No, the retail version is DRM-free and does not force you to use Steam or any other online platform.
Do I need an internet connection to play?
- If you purchase a digital copy, once you've downloaded the game, you will not need to be connected to the internet to play it. The same applies for the physical retail copy.
How do I transfer my savegames/plot-choices from the previous Witchers?
- On PC, if you still have your saves, they'll be imported automatically. On PS4, X-box One, or if you no longer have your PC saves, an in-game conversation with a special NPC will allow you to recreate your story decisions from the previous titles.
Why does Fextralife have ads?
- Fextralife is a volunteer network. We use advertisement revenue to pay for software, servers, optimization and to fix bugs and add features. We have organized and paid for Playstation 4, Xbox 1, Dark Souls II, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 giveaways and will continue to promote and support the community. We do not have pop-ups. If you are getting them, please report the ad to our administrators at https://fextralife.com/forums/
How do I join the wiki?
- The wiki can be edited by anyone by simply registering. All you need is a valid email address! You can also request a membership if you wish to upload your files to the site. If you wish to contribute more, visit our Forums
I have a Wiki Suggestion
- Please visit our Suggestions page.