Ice Troll is an Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Our winter's cold and deep, frostbite eats your feet, snow falls down and hides the ground and ice trolls wake from sleep!
— folk song heard in northern Kaedwen
Climbing to the top of snow-covered peaks is never a safe endeavor. One can slip and fall into a ravine, be buried in an avalanche — or stumble across ice trolls. Unlike the rock trolls found at lower altitudes, these permafrost-dwelling monsters treat every man they encounter as a possible ingredient for a tasty meal.
Luckily ice trolls live atop high mountain ridges so inaccessible they rarely encounter humans, and some suppose this why they have not mastered the basics of Common Speech. Others claim their harsh mountain home has stripped them of an ability they once possessed, for in a land of never-ending cold there is no room for mercy or understanding.
Ice trolls are crueler than their rocky kin. Though they use similar tactics in battle - tossing stones and swinging with their mighty fists - they are heartier and stronger than rock trolls and thus more dangerous. Like rock trolls, their backs are covered in thick protective armor, meaning one should never strike them from the rear. Meanwhile their mass means that the Aard"
- Found in: Cave south of Tor Gvalch'ca in Skellegie and also rock trolls sw of the Crossroads in Velen
- Drops: Loot: Troll Skin, Cave Troll Liver, Infused Shard, Troll Mutagen
- Associated Quests: Master Armorers
- Weaknesses: Ogroid Oil, Quen
- Strategy when fighting: During a fight with an encountered rock troll one thing to primarily focus on in the fight is the stomach of the troll. Hitting the stomach will temporarily knock it backwards disrupting any of it's regular attacks. This makes the fight very easy to anyone with a strong enough of a blade, but be careful, as they have a large amount of health and can still hit you if you miss. Knocking over a troll on a high difficulty setting isn't easy. After 2 or 3 hits they will use an arm as a shield, preventing all damage and deflecting attacks. Attacking a troll from the rear will also cause you to be deflected. This has to do with the large boulders on their backs. Troll may throw rocks from range.
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.