Rotfiend is an Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Course it reeks. Think they're called rotfiend because they smell like roses? - Vesemir, witcher of the Wolf School
Rotfiends resemble decomposing human bodies that have been stripped of their skin. Their presence is given away by the overwhelming stench of the rot which gives them their name. Devourers are a particularly dangerous kind of rotfiend marked by an insatiable appetite for human flesh."
- Found in: Velen, can be found near groups of Drowners
- Drops: Rotfiend blood, Greater Rotfiend Blood, Necrophage Skin
- Associated Quests: Return to Crookback Bog
- Attacks: Causes an explosion after its health is almost fully depleted
- Weaknesses: Necrophage Oil, Igni
- Tips: If you can get a rotfiend pack to bunch up you can kill them pretty quick with a chain reaction ! Just whittle one rotfiend down and lure the others towards it as it begins to blow up. When it does the others should take a bunch of damage and start to explode themselves. Easy mode!
- Rotfiends fight much like Drowners but are capable of a powerful suicide explosions. Their transformations tend to be triggered by their health dropping below 50%. Be cautious and be ready to backstop at the slightest notice. Rotfiends may actually explode without transforming when killed by burning. You can safely kill them in 1 hit when they're knocked down but they can explode while knocked down if they're killed by something other than the 1 hit stab.
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.