Roach is the name that Geralt of Rivia has given to every horse that he keeps as a companion It is not known why he calls them by this name, as seemingly he followed this tradition before meeting Vernon Roche meaning the two names are likely unrelated (as Roche should in fact be pronounced "Rosh" (not "Roach") like in polish, the original version). For an unknown reason Geralt prefers to ride female horses, perhaps it is a simple matter of preference or it is related to an unspoken part of his past. Within The Witcher 3, Geralt may ride horses and it is likely that whether he has many or just one, the horse will be called Roach. There have been at least three different horses named Roach that Geralt has kept.
Horse Races available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, to obtain better gear from your Horse and gain currency. There's a total of ?? races available, and they are located in:
- Crow's Perch
- Obtained: Notice Board in Velen
- Objectives: Beat the riders (3).
- Competitors: Stutterin’ Matko, Iron-Arse Hans, Black Bogdan
- Details: Talk to Radko to organize participation, then approach the area in the evening.
- Rewards: Follow the single course and beat the other rider to win. Repeat three times for all rewards.
1st Race ~100 Crowns
2nd Race ~100 Crowns
3rd Race ~100 Crowns and Enhanced Horse Blinders