Nightwraith is a Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Nightwraiths exude this immense sadness, this helpless wrath... I fear them, same as anyone. But most of all I feel sorry for them. — Aelline Altsparr, elven trobairitz.
Compared to other creatures of the night — katakans, nekurats and werewolves, for example — nightwraiths (and their rarer cousins, duskwraiths) might not seem all that dangerous. After all, one might ask, how much harm could a pale, withered woman in a tattered dress do? The answer: quite a bit. Instead of finding this out the hard way, avoid crossing fields and meadows at night at all costs.
Like noonwraiths, nightwraiths are only found in rurual areas. Travelers fall victim to them most often, but if legends areto be believed they also sneak into huts at times and murder peasants in their sleep.
When they attack nightwraiths remain immaterial for most of the time, meaning physical blows pass right through them. They only take on more tangible form for the brief moments in which they strike. When weakened, they will create several projections of themselves which cannot attack directly but act as transmitters of sorts through which teh nightwraith can sap her victim's vital energy.
Nightwraiths can turn immaterial and are at such times very difficult to wound. In order to force one to take one corporeal form, trap it with the Yrden Sign or hit it with the blast of a Moon Dust Bomb
Do not believe the old wife tales and think yourself completely safe from nightwraiths during the day. They appear under the light of the sun as well - but are much weaker then than after dusk."
- Found in: Velen - (There's one north of Cunny of the Goose tavern on the fields at midnight)
- Drops: Nightwraith Mutagen, Dark Essence, Nightwraith’s Hair, Wraith Essence, Specter Dust, Infused Dust, Lunar Shards
- Associated Quests: Contract Jenny O The Woods
- Weaknesses: Moon Dust, Specter Oil & Yrden
- When summoning a Nightwraith aim for the first signs of dusk. They will be extra powerful when summoned at midnight.
- To kill them you must hit them within the bounds of Yrden. The Yrden magic trap is also very effective at damaging them.
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.