Basilisk is a Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"In memory of the noble knight Roderick, slain during a valiant struggle against a basilisk. Let's hope the beast choked on his bones. -Gravestone inscription, Vizima cemetery.
Contrary to popular belief, baslisks cannot turn anything to stone with their gaze. That is a small comfort, however, given that their acid, venom, claws and teeth provide them many other ways to kill."
- Found in: Dark, humid location such as cellars, caves, and city sewers
- Drops: Lesser blue mutagen, Monster brain, Basilisk mutagen, Basilisk venom, Basilisk hide
- Associated Quests: Out of the Shadows
- Weaknesses: Golden Oriole, Grapeshot, Draconid Oil, Aard
- Like with Griffins and Cockatrices, it's better to roll away from their attacks than to try and dodge them. Keep some Golden Oriole ready to deal with their deadly poison.
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.