|Range of Health||(info here)|
|Locations||Dark, humid location such as cellars, caves, and city sewers|
|Weaknesses||Golden Oriole, Grapeshot, Draconid Oil, Aard|
|Loot||Basilisk mutagen, Basilisk venom, Basilisk hide|
Basilisk is a Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"In memory of the noble knight Roderick, slain during a valiant struggle against a basilisk. Let's hope the beast choked on his bones. -Gravestone inscription, Vizima cemetery.
Contrary to popular belief, baslisks cannot turn anything to stone with their gaze. That is a small comfort, however, given that their acid, venom, claws and teeth provide them many other ways to kill.
Basilisks love dark, damp places such as cellars, caves and city sewers. They hunt by day, waiting patiently in hiding for their prey to come, then jump out in a flash to unleash a deadly attack.
When preparing to fight such a createure one should drink Golden Oriole, which will provide resistance to its venom, and also prepare Dnacing Star or Shrapnel bombs, which work particularly well against basilisks.
Basilisk leather is a highly-valued material used to make fashionable shoes and women's handbags. For this reason many men, their courage girded by goldlust, take to hunting them. Most of these hunts end in disaster, but some do manage to bag their prey, which has led to a drastic decline in this creature's numbers in recent years. Some mages and druids are of the opinion that basilisks should be included in programs meant to safeguard dying species. Everyone else think those mages and druids have gone completely mad. "
- Found in: Dark, humid location such as cellars, caves, and city sewers
- Drops: Lesser blue mutagen, Monster brain, Basilisk mutagen, Basilisk venom, Basilisk hide
- Associated Quests: Out of the Shadows
- Weaknesses: Golden Oriole, Grapeshot, Draconid Oil, Aard
- Like with Griffins and Cockatrices, it's better to roll away from their attacks than to try and dodge them. Keep some Golden Oriole ready to deal with their deadly poison.
Trivia & Lore
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.