|Range of Health||(info here)|
|Locations||Woods of Skellige|
|Weaknesses||Ogroid Oil, Quen|
Rock Troll is an Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Man most riddly talk. But no tricksy. Or troll boom man head.
— rock troll dwelling in a cave on Undvik
If while hiking high in the mountains you come across a walking stone, do not think your eyes deceive you. Instead, draw your sword — for before you stands a rock troll. True, not every encounter with these creatures ends in a fight -while not particularly intelligent, trolls are capable of reason — but it is better to prepare for the worst. Otherwise, your hike might end not on the summit, but in their stew.
Trolls are able to use fire and simple tools, and some of them have even mastered the basic of Common Speech. Though linguistic nuances such as conjugations and declinations escape them, they are extremely fond of riddles, rhymes and all sorts of wordplay, a fact a witcher in possession of a bit of wit can use to his advantage.
If a fight prove ineveitable, one must watch watch out for the stones these trolls throw with great strength and shocking precision. Their powerful, heavy fists also present a danger, for they can buckle even the sturdiest breastplate or cuirass. Since their backs are covered in a layer of rocky growth, blows delivered from behind will not do them much damage. They must thus be fought directly, standing face to face - and preferably armed with a sword covered in a fresh coating of ogroid oil."
Rock Troll Information
- Found in: Woods of Skellige
- Drops: Monster Eye, Cave Troll Liver, Troll Hide
- Associated/Appearances Quests: Master Armorers
- Weaknesses: Ogroid Oil, Quen
- Strategy when fighting: During a fight with an encountered rock troll one thing to primarily focus on in the fight is the stomach of the troll. Hitting the stomach will temporarily knock it backwards disrupting any of it's regular attacks. This makes the fight very easy to anyone with a strong enough of a blade, but be careful, as they have a large amount of health and can still hit you if you miss. Knocking over a troll on a high difficulty setting isn't easy. After 2 or 3 hits they will use an arm as a shield, preventing all damage and deflecting attacks. Attacking a troll from the rear will also cause you to be deflected. This has to do with the large boulders on their backs. Troll may throw rocks from range.
Trivia & Lore
- (spoilers) The rock troll features in the fists of fury quest in skellige, the champion of champions which is the final boss in the questline is actually a rock troll (you have to punch a rock troll to deat essentially.
I think... rock