Shrieker is a Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Heard you have a problem - a monster you call a shrieker? Aye, prowls about, it does. Snatches cows and goats, mostly, but it won't scorn a man if it runs into one.
— Conversation overhead at Crow's Perch
The monster tormenting the residents of Crow's Perch turned out to be a particularly nasty cockatrice. Geralt was not surprised the baron's men had been unable to stop it. They could not possibly withstand the surgical precision of its strikes, which slice open arteries and provoke an outpouring of blood only the Swallow potion could hope to stop. Neither did they know to force it to the ground with a crossbow, a bomb or a Sign, and then evade its charge by rolling under the monster's outstretched wing.
Just when it seemed the villagers would have to learn to live in the shadow of a bloodthirsty beast, to always look to the sky with fear, the witcher arrived - and put an end to the shrieker for good."
- Found in: East of Crow's Perch
- Drops: Monster bone, Monster blood, Monster feather, Cockatrice stomach, Cockatrice Egg, Cockatrice mutagen, Cockatrice mutagen, Dwarven axe, Smoking pipe, Skull, Cockatrice trophy
- Associated Quests: Contract Shrieker
The Shrieker is noticeably strong for the recommended level of 8, and will give most players a bit of a headache. The recommended level may be wrong, as an axe with a level requirement of 12 drops from the Shrieker when killed. As such, most players may want to wait until around level 10 or even 12 before taking it on.
- Attacks: A frontal attack (peck), side swipes with its wings if you are not directly in front of it. Divebombs when in the air.
- Weaknesses: Draconid Oil & Aard; Its back. The Shrieker has no rear attacks, making it easily its weakest point. If you can stay at its back, you will have a much easier time with this enemy.
- Strengths: Frontal attacks may be hard to dodge, as they have little delay to start and have quite a lengthy damage window.
- Use Dancing star to light it on fire allowing a window for you to attack with about 3 Fast attacks or 2 Heavy attacks.
Notes on lore and players go here