Royal Wyvern is a boss Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"A hunter who knows his prey's habits and behavior will rarely return from his hunt empty-handed. To know what forest paths deer are like to trod, to know in what muck boars will wallow, to guess when a hare will emerge from its burrow - that is half the battle.
What most men do not know is that some monsters also possess knowledge. For example, a royal wyvern from Velen had learned the danger of exposing itself to human eyes and arrows by flying high to pick out is prety from afar. Instead, it would lurk by the roadside and wait for military transports. In this way it grew fat on sated pork and beer, expanding until it resembled a dragon more than other, leser members of its own kind.
The witcher thus knew this beast would be much stronger and resilient than a normal wyvern. Even one blow from it could kill - which is why he would need to avoid its charge at all costs. He would also be wise to force it to the ground with this crossbow or a bomb whenever it tried to fly int eh air and hurtle down in a deadly dive."
Royal Wyvern Information
- Found in: Area around Benek
- Drops: Wyvern trophy, Wyvern mutagen, Wyvern egg, Anathema, , Dragon claw , Dragon scale ,Wyvern Hide , Anathema .
- Associated Quests: Contracts - The creature from the oxenfurt forest, Phantom of the Trade Route
- Attacks:: Spit attack - Drake will rear up and strech neck in lead up. Jump attack- Drake will flap once then jump and lunge.Charge attack- Drake will run circling PC before ramming -Aard / Crossbow will interupt this.
- Weaknesses: Golden oriole, Grapeshot, Draconid oil, Aard , Poison .
- Strengths: Axii.
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.