Devil by the Well is an Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"The residents of White Orchard had suffered more than their fair share of misfortunes. Passing armies had trammeled their spring planting, a griffin had begun abducting their livestock, and, the rotten icing on this painful cake, a noonwraith haunted a nearby well. No wonder the locals called this final evil a 'devil'. The witcher could sense something bound her to this place, and that in order to send her off into the ethereal realms he would first need to learn her secret.
Once that was done, he would have to prepare for battle -and a noonwraith is a demanding opponent. She can disorient her victim by blinding him and creating mirror images of herself, These copies slowly suck their victim's life energy - while their mistress remains untouchable. In order to defeat her, the witcher could not rely on his silver sword alone - the Yrden sign would also be needed to trap her and force her to take on material form. "
- 50 XP
- Attacks: Slashes (melee), Lunge Attack, Mirror Image (with Vitality Drain effects), Invisibility/Teleportation.
- Weaknesses: Dimeritium, Moon Dust, Specter & Yrden
- Strengths: High Damage, Will use Mirror Image - These projections will drain you as long as they are close. One hit will dispell them.
- Strategy: This combat scenario is not as hard as it might seem. The key is Yrden. Whilst in the trap, the Noonwraith will take additional damage and get slowed a bit, allowing you to evade better and hurt it more. Spectre Oil, Swallow and other buffs will assist you further. Be careful of its Mirror Image and its lunge attacks. They deal high damage and stagger you.
- A useful strategy is to score a three hit fast combo then dodge her counter attack. When she comes towards you cast Yrden to slow her down and hit her again with another combo. RInse and repeat and you'll be done very quickly.
- If you approach the Noonwraith before reading its enty in the Beastiary Geralt will say "I went too close" and the battle will be initiated nonetheless.
- Speak to Tomira the Herbalist near White Orchard after you've claimed your reward for an additional one (10 Coins, Alchemical Ingredients) along with some insight on what happened to Claer