Griffin is an Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Aye, half-eagle, half-tomcat, just like on the lord's crest. 'Cept this 'un was carryin' me dead cow 'stead of a scepter.
— Griffin attack witness, name unknown
Griffins were once only found high in the mountains, where they would hunt marmots and wild goats. When humans encroached on their lands, however, griffins soon discovered a new source of much more plentiful and easier-caught prey: cows, sheep and shepherds. Though still wary of main roads and towns (where folk with the means to higher a witcher are like to dwell), these half-eagle, half-wildcat creatures have gone from rarities to oft-encountered pests known throughout the Northern Realms. Especially hated are the subspecies known as royal griffins and archgriffins.
Griffins mate for life and when their partner is attacked they will defend it to the death. For this reason they are often considered the embodiment of courage, loyalty and fighting spirit. This last attribute no one would deny them - when provoked, they will not cease their attack until they have torn their opponent to shreds.
Griffins find their victims using their extraordinarily perceptive sense of smell. After drawin near to their chosen target they attack by swooping down from great height. Their muscular mass combined with their swift speed mean this blow alone is often enough to end the fight. If, however, the victim survives this aerial assault, the griffin will imediately engage it in direct combat, making use of its sharp, curved beak and powerful talons.
The wounds it deals are deep and cause powerful bleeding. Even worse, griffins do not have any true weaknesses - except for their vulnerability to hybrid oil and certain kinds of bombs."
- Found in: White Orchard
- Drops: Griffin Trophy, Griffin Mutagen (tested on the level 3),
- Associated Quests: Lilac & Goosberries, The Beast of White Orchard
- Death March Difficulty Strategy guide can be found here - FiOth
- Attacks: Wing Swipe, Dive, Slam (rises into the air for about 2'' and lands on Geralt)
- Weaknesses: Aard, Hybrid Oil & Grapeshot, Quen (when it's in the air), Noonwraith Decoction (against knockbacks)
- Strengths: Very High HP, High Damage Attacks, High Mobility, High Attack Speed (on the ground)
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.