Golem is a Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"If want us to break through this wall, we're gonna need twenty sappers, seven mules and a hundredweight of saltpeter. Or one golem.
— Vilmir Brass, foreman at Mount Carbon
Golems are mindless matter brought to life by a spell. They obey their creator's orders without question. Their boundless strength, ability to withstand pain, endless patience and the fact that they need not one jot of food or drink makes them the best servants or guards anyone could ask for. Once provoked, they will not tire of battle until they have either crushed their opponent or themselves crumbled into dust.
Defeating a golem is extraodniarily difficult: for obvious reasons it does not bleed, if feels no fear or mercy and it is invulnerable to fire and poison. What's more, a golem's body is as hard as the rock it is sometimes heft out of, so even a silver blade will barely wound it. The monsts's only weakness is acid - a blade covered in acrid oil can thus increas one's chance for victory.
Golems use no weapons, for they have no need - their fists weighing over a hundred pounds each, can crush solid granite with one hit. A blow from a golem should thus be avoided at all costs - there no shield that can stop it, nor sword that can parry it. That is no easy task, for these creatures are able to move with surprising speed. Luckily, their enormous mass means they are not very agile - once a golem begins a charge, it cannot stop quickly, a fact experienced witchers use to their advantage"
- Found in: Caves
- Drops: Golem Heart, Lesser Stribog Runestone, Infused Dust
- Associated Quests: Wandering in the Dark
- Attacks: Heavy charge attacks, smashes the ground, wide sweeping strikes.
- Weaknesses: Dimeritium Bomb & Elementa Oil
- Use Quen and roll towards it after it does a sweeping attack and aim to attack it from behind with a strong attack.
- Combining Quen with an aggressive melee assault is usually the best way to kill them.
- Use thunderbolt if you can, it helps with dispatching it more quickly.
- Notes on Lore and players notes go here.