Contract: Dragon is a Contract in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Journal entry goes here"
- Talk to the village elder of Fyresdal.
- Nearest Signpost: Fyresdal.
- Talk to the victims’ mother.
- Examine the victims’ bodies using your Witcher Senses.
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the monster’s tracks to the site of the attack.
- Follow the monster’s tracks using your Witcher Senses.
- Talk to the village elder in Fyresdal about bait.
- Take a trophy from the forktail.
- Return to the village elder in Fyresdal for your reward.
Location: Fyresdal Ard Skellig
Characters: Vagr, Askel and Nilas, Karli, Mia
Enemies: The Dragon of Fyresdal (it is actually a Forktail)
Vagr is the village elder in Fyresdal, and will task you with finding and defeating the fearsome dragon that has killed Askel and Nilas. Ask about them and for permission to inspect them and use your Witcher Senses to determine that whilst the bodies were clawed, there were not damaged with fire. From here you must travel north towards a cow corpse. Using your witcher senses will reveal a dragon would be stronger than this, and lead you following a blood trail that reveals a Forktail nest.
You should now return to the village elder and ask for bait to hunt the monster, you will receive the sheep Mia. To guide Mia, use the Axii sign, and approach it from the opposite direction of where you want it to go. Once it is near the dead dog, you can stand back and wait for the Forktail to arrive. Once you have defeated the beast, return to the village. You can explain it was not a dragon and be content with honesty and a reduced reward, or lie and keep the full reward without significant consequences.
- Video Walkthrough links go here (You must add text)
- With proper distance use and the Axii sign along with Tawny Owl you can have the Dragon not kill Mia. Try not to kill her yourself either. She will follow you around all over town afterwards as well.