Axii is a Sign in the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, used by Witchers to charm or mentally effect another being. Axii can be improved by putting points into the Axii Skill Line.
Effect: Target does not move towards Geralt while he is casting Axii. Stamina regeneration in combat +0.5/s
Effect: Alternate Sign Mode: Targeted enemy briefly becomes an ally and deals 20/40/60% (depending on level of development) more damage. Stamina regeneration in combat +0.5/s
Effect: Increases Axii Sign intensity by 5%. Stamina regeneration in combat +0.5/s
- It has 5 Seconds Base Duration.
- 1% Intesity give 1% more Duration.
- Axii can often be used to secure a favorable outcome to a dialogue. If successful you will be awarded 40 XP.
- The Axii is the most powerful crowd-control Sign in the game. Investing some points in it will allow you to take control of your enemies' minds, leveling the play field when outnumbered and forcing them to kill each other, allowing you to recuperate and await the last man standing so you can deliver the final blow.
- Utilizing Axii cleverly opens up progression in interesting ways - granted certain enemies are not immune to it you can pretty much take out foes that have a skull above their heads (meaning they are of much higher level than you and would normally be nigh impossible to beat). Having a six levels stronger than you Bandit Leader take out his entire squad and then get stun-locked by your Axii and killed, unable to do anyhting is a sight to behold - not to mention, will allow you to loot high level areas relatively early into the game.
- Even if not charged, it can still be used in a tight spot to Stun an enemy, giving you time to reposition or counter with an attack of your own. The precious seconds it will allow you to recast your Quen will save your life numerous times - especially if you are playing on Death March.
- A video guide demonstrating the effects and strenghts of the Sign can be found here: - By FiOth