Contract: An Elusive Thief is a Contract in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. You can pick this contract up off the Notice Board in Hierarch Square.
"A Novigrad merchant by the name of Sylvester Armella had hung a notice on the Novigrad board asking for help in tracking down a theiving imp. It seemed the merchants' guild was being pestered by a mysterious creature who kept stealing wares from its members stallls. Geralt accepted the job."
- Go to the marketplace during the day and talk to Sylvester Amella.
- Follow the imp using your Witcher senses.
- Search the house using your Witcher senses.
- Read the letter.
- FInd a way to track the doppler using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the scent of perfume using your Witcher Senses.
- Confront the doppler.
- Catch the doppler.
- Defeat the doppler.
- Return to the marketplace during the day to talk to Sylvester Amella.
- 216 xp (killing doppler)
- 243 gold (haggle for X extra gold)
- Doppler drops mountain folk boots when killed
After you've caught the doppler near the end of the quest and have to fight it simply bait it into attacking. A large majority of it's attacks don't do a considerable amount of damage to you so once it has attacked simply counter and punish. It's also recommended that if you want to get the most out of this quest coin and xp wise that you spare the doppler in order to get it's coin and access to the Gnomish Gwyhyr diagram before getting a lesser reward from Sylvester.
- Video Walkthrough links go here (You must add text)
- Player notes, bugs, and trivia go here