On Death's Bed is a Quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It is available during Lilac and Gooseberries or The Incident at White Orchard.
Once again Geralt had a near impossible choice to make - a choice between a greater and lesser evil. While preparing to hunt the griffin, he had come across one of the beast's victims - a simple peasant woman named Lena. She had been on her way to meet her lover when the griffin attacked. The beast had mortally wounded her. A witcher's potion could save her life... or cause her to perish in agony.
The witcher decided to help Lena. Geralt then left White Orchard before he could learn the results of the risky treatment he applied. Soon afterwards, while visiting the Nilfgaardian garrison in Velen, he learned the woman had survived. The imperial infantryman with whom she was to meet the ill-fated evening of the griffin's attack had brought her to a nearby village. Sadly, none of this denoted a happy ending. Though the wounds on Lena's body had healed, the toxins in the witcher's brew had melted her mind. This was not the first time a cure had proven worse than the disease.
- Brew a dose of the Swallow potion.
- Take the potion to the Herbalist.
- 350 xp
- 50 gold
- Book: Of Sweat and Blood
Locations: Tomira’s Cottage, White Orchard Tavern
Characters: Tomira, Lena
Tomira is a doctor and her patient is in dire need of a special potion. This quest acts as an Alchemy tutorial, teaching you to gather materials and craft them into potions. Buying the potion will not work, so set out to find the ingredients for the Swallow potion as follows:
- 5x Celandine in the open fields to the East and South-east of Tomira’s cottage.
- 1x Dwarven Spirit from the White Orchard tavern bartender - or brew one yourself if you can get the materials.
- 1x Drowner Brain, dropped by Drowners who frequent coastal areas and riverbanks.
Once you have brewed the potion, go to Tomira and end the quest for a reward
- Video Walkthrough links go here (You must add text)
- Player notes, bugs, and trivia go here