|Next Quest||The Calm Before the Storm|
Nameless is a Main Quest in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Main Quests are the main storyline of the game that can have a major effect towards the endings. Some of these quests may have dialogue choices that will alter the ending of the game.
Both missions can be carried out simultaneously in this area if In Wolf's Clothing hasn't been finished.
While talking to the inhabitants of Larvik, Geralt and Yennefer found out Ciri had been in the village right before the Wild Hunt had descended upon it. She had ridden off with a man called Craven, heading towards Drowned Dead Rock. Geralt and Yennefer decided they had to find this Craven – though both knew there was little chance he would still be alive when they did. The monster dwelling in Freya's garden did not take kindly to visitors.
Geralt, an expert tracker if there ever was one, had little trouble retracing Craven's footsteps. Putting the lie to his insulting nickname, Craven had bravely faced the monster in the garden... and, sad to say, was mortally wounded as a result. Feeling the life seep out of him, Craven found shelter in an underground chamber. That is where he died, and that is where Geralt found his body. This could have marked the end of the trail, and most certainly would have, dear reader, if not for Yennefer's determination...
The Witcher 3 Nameless Objectives
- Search for signs of Craven near the sacred tree using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow Craven's footsteps using your Witcher Senses.
- Explore the further parts of the herbarium.
- Use the lever to open the flood gates so you can continue further.
- Get past the barricaded doors.
- Find Craven using your Witcher Senses
Rewards for Nameless in The Witcher 3
- 200 EXP
- Spikeroog Longsword x
Walkthrough for The Witcher 3 Nameless
The gate to the garden is locked so head up the steps with Yennefer. Head across teh bridges and go northwest into the the middle of the garden where the large tree is. Speak to Yennefer and continue to track the wolf.
Use your Witcher senses and follow the series of clues:
- Blood by the tree with a trail
- Crack between the tree root
- Trail of blood and footprints to the lower gardens. Turn right and fight a wolf
- A partially hidden corpse
- Tracks by the main gate, 2 more wolves will be found here
- Splatters of blood to a trail end.
Climb the wall on the right and investigate the structures in the gardens. Go past Yennefer and drop down northeast, and go up the stone steps into a courtyard where you will find a wolf. Go to the edge of the raised garden and drop down and use your Witcher senses to find some prints.
Climb the stone ladder embedded in the wall and onto the high ground. Inspect the area to find the levers to open the flood gate. The left lever changes the gears, use it until the gate you want to left is ready to be moved. The right lever moves the selected gate. The left gate opens to the outside. The middle allows access to the further part of the gardens. The right gate is under the waterfall which leads to an underwater cave where a key can be found which is useful during the secondary quest In Wolf's Clothing. Once the middle gate is open you can continue.
Dive into the canal and swim through the open gate. Climb the stone steps on the right and onto higher ground. Turn north and run up the garden to the structure. Use your Witcher senses to find claw marks on the door.
Head inside to find a symbol of Freya on the ground. You can inspect this if you're completing the In Wolf's Clothing quest. Head back to the gardens and toward a well by a tree. Tracks lead here. Drop down and head through the tunnels until you reach a corpse. Inspect it and grab the key that opens the exit back to the gardens.
Yennefer inspects the corpse and uses some necromancy to hear what happened. This quest pauses and The Calm Before the Storm begins.
Yennefer dismisses the corpse and you are visited by a Priestess. Speak to Yennefer about Ciri and the creature. Depending on your progress with the main quest, the following options are available to you:
- If you have completed Family Matters and (Velen), you think exploring Novigrad, and starting Pyres of Novigrad, is in order.
- If you have completed The Plays the Thing (in Novigrad), you think The Nilfgaardian Connection is a good plan.
- If you haven't completed up to either sets of quests in Velen or Novigrad, you are at a loss at what to do.
- If you've completed Family Matters and Hunting a Witch (Velen), as well as The Plays the Thing (Novigrad), Ugly Baby automatically begins.
Additionally, Yennefer suggests you seek out Jarl Donar and speak to him about his dealings, triggering the quest A Mysterious Passenger.
As you part ways Yennefer says she hopes you will meet her in Larvik and Last Wish triggers. This won't occur if you have already found Ulma at Crow's Perch.
The Witcher 3 Nameless Notes & Trivia
- Notes, Tips, Other Trivia for Nameless.