Kaer Morhen is a Quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Every story starts somewhere. This one starts in the guest room at Kaer Morhen, the stronghold of the witchers in the Blue Montains. It starts with Geralt taking a bath, disproving the theory that witchers neglect personal hygiene. But as he's bathing, he is brusauely interrupted by Yennefer - does she ever interrupt in any other way? She reminds him that he was supposed to train with Ciri. What could our hero do but bid the sorceress farewell and descend into the courtyard of the fortress. Litlle did he know this would mark the start of a great adventure.
As it turned out, all that happened at Kaer Morhen was but a dream... The kind that wakes even witchers, screaming, a cold sweat on their brow. Geralt crouched by the fire and surveyed the land, a land ravaged by war, signs of battle stretching to the horizon. But he had not chosen this campsite for its view - Yennefer's trail had brought him there..."
- Use your Witcher Senses to find the key to the bedroom door.
- Go to the lower level and speak with Vesemir.
- Talk to Ciri.
- Join Ciri in a run along the ramparts down to the lower courtyard.
- Draw your sword.
- Aim at Vesemir and mark him as your target.
- Perform a series of fast attacks. 0/3
- Perform a series of dodges. 0/2
- Roll out of the way of Vesemir's blows. 0/2
After Geralt gets dressed, the player is now given limited control. New players should familiarize themselves with the control scheme and review the tutorials and database. You will find that some menu items have been disabled.
- If you wish, you may speak to Yennefer, but she unfortunately rejects any of your advances. Don't worry, you will have plenty more opportunities in the future.
- Walking to the balcony gives you a nice mountain view of Kaer Morhen.
Using your Witcher Senses, a quick peek around the room highlights a key laying on a table. The red color shows unobserved objects and the blue dots show an item than can be picked up or looted. (There is also an option that shows Witcher Sensed objects on your minimap.) The locked doors to your left can now be unlocked with this new key, and you may leave when ready.
Your answers to Vesemir or Ciri have no real consequence, so pick any options to your liking. Ciri will ask if you will join her in a race to the courtyard. Players may skip this option.
- You are given a chance to train your movement skills with Ciri. The on-screen tutorials will walk you through the short obstacle course. Falling damage is a real danger in this game, so practice caution with falls before you skip ladders. Vesemir will meet you at the bottom.
After some more Dialogue options, again with no real consequence, Vesemir will propose combat training with Geralt. Players may skip this tutorial as well.
- Vesemir will direct you in each step of combat training. The tutorial covers all basic combat commands (e.g. Attacks, Dodges, and Signs). As the game progresses, combat will require a great deal of variety. Study the movements of your enemies and maintain sharp reflexes. Sheathe your sword to end the training.
Ending the training will conclude the quest.
- Player notes, bugs, and trivia go here