Gwent: Velen Players
Gwent: Velen Players is a Secondary Quest in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Secondary Quests are optional Quests not required to finish the game. Some of these quests may have a bearing on certain Main Quests or may be a consequence of another Quest.
Gwent: Velen Players can be obtained by collecting the notice off of the Notice Board at Crow's Perch in Velen or challenging the Bloody Baron to a Gwent match in the same area. If Return to Crookback Bog has already been completed, the quest can be started by reading the note Gwent: Looking for New Players. This quest has Geralt defeat four of Velen's most noteworthy Gwent players and earn their special cards.
Though you might think it unlikely, even war-ravaged Velen boasted many prominent gwent players. They possessed certain valuable cards which Geralt wished to add to his collection. To do that, he needed to defeat them. The first on his "To Fleece" list: the Bloody Baron.
The Witcher 3 Gwent: Velen Players Objectives
- Win a unique card from the baron.
- Win a unique card from the man in Oreton.
- Win a unique card from the soothsayer.
- Win a unique card from Haddy of Midcopse.
Rewards for Gwent: Velen Players in The Witcher 3
After defeating the Bloody Baron
After defeating the boatwright
After defeating the Old Sage
After defeating Haddy
After winning all four matches
Walkthrough for The Witcher 3 Gwent: Velen Players
After obtaining the list by either defeating the Bloody Baron or finding the list on the Notice Board at Crow's Perch, you can challenge the three other players in no particular order. If you decide to challenge the Bloody Baron, he will be using the Northern Realms Deck, and once you've defeated him, he will reward you with the Sigismund Dijkstra Card.
You can find the Boatwright in Oreton, near the middle of the village where you can see boats. During battle, Boatwright will be using the Nilfgaardian Deck. Once you've beaten him, he will reward you with the Letho of Gulet Card.
You can find the Old Sage in Benek, located south of Toderas. The Old Sage uses the Monsters deck. Once you've defeated him, he will reward you with the Crone: Weavess Card.
Haddy can be found in Midcopse, located in Velen, southeast of the Forest Hut and west of Wastrel Manor. Haddy is a young boy and plays the Northern Realms deck. Once you've defeated him, he will reward you with the Vernon Roche Card.
After defeating all of them, you will acquire the Monster's Leader Card called Eredin: Destroyer of Worlds and the quest will have been completed.
The Witcher 3 Gwent: Velen Players Notes & Trivia
Where can I buy Monster cards in Witcher 3?
- Monster Cards is part of the card game called Gwent where players duel with other characters using over 150 playing cards with multiple combat styles, heroes and spells. Gwent represents a "clash of two armies locked in mortal struggle on a battlefield," in which players' decks act as their forces, and players can collect cards to improve their decks. You can try purchasing from vendors, acquire them after completing certain quests, or by challenging Gwent Players where you can win a Gwent Card or Monster Card upon their defeat.
How to get a Monster Deck in Witcher 3?
- Monster Decks can be acquired through the completion of certain quests, purchased from vendors, or upon defeating Gwent Players.
- Notes, Tips, Other Trivia for Gwent: Velen Players.
Seriously you have open an incomplete entry? "Everyone else does that" So, it's incredibly lame! Which of the NPC players give Which Gwent card?