Leshen is a Creature/Monster in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"We never hunt in these woods. Never. Even if it means the whole village starves. — Mulliver, ealdorman of Hoshberg in lower Aedirn
Leshens dwell in dense, primeval woods. Fiercely territorial creatures, they hunt with stealth and cunning as their only companions. They use their inborn magic to control the plants and animals within their territory — and so when stalking them, half the battle is merely getting near enough to strike. Leshens old enough to earn the appellation "ancient" wield advanced skills and tactics that make them particularly dangerous. "
- Found in:
- Forest Wilderness of Velen, near Dragonslayer's Grotto.
- One can be found in Velen: SW of Reardon Manor, NW of Downwarren, close to where the path going West from the Manor (on map) comes to a dead-end (after splitting North)
- NW of Aeramas' Abandoned Manor, there is a dense forest area with a Guarded Treasure sign in the middle of it. A Leshen is guarding it.
- Drops: Leshen Resin, Ancient Leshen Mutagen, Fiber, Timber, Leshen Mutagen, Infused Shard, Hardened Timber, Monster Bone
- Associated Quests:
Leshens are quite vulnerable to Igni, though burning will not incapacitate them.
Their movement is slow but their srikes are powerful and they have potent ranged attacks.
A Leshen may summon roots or crows to attack you, these attacks target a line directly in front of the Leshen.
Leshens are able to teleport by transforming into crows and Ancient Leshens can summon wolves.
You can predict where the Leshen will manifest by following the movements of the crows.
Because of their ranged attacks it is advised to circle around the Leshen and aim for its vulnerable back.
- Based off of a mythological creature called a "Leshy", comes from the Slavic term for "forest" ("les").